Things About Other Things

Where I let it all out.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

College. Eh.

Today during Art II a woman came in from Hartford Arts School and gave a talk about what its like going to an arts college. She talked about the majors, life as a student and the classes you take. And it hit me pretty hard. Even though I'm only a sophomore all this college stuff still somehow "applies" to me. I mean I am already being shown colleges, already taking PSAT's and already being approached by the college counselor. I just think its crazy. We have so many other things in our life to deal with, can't college wait? Sure its important, but not so much so that 3 years away from it we should be having it shoved down our throats. I want to enjoy my sophomore year, try and focus on my studies, and have fun. Hang with friends, play sports, not have to think about what I want to be or where I want to go once I graduate. It just seems way too early. There's no need to be exposed to all this so early. Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment